Here are 6 good ways to participate:
1) Go to see the movie For the Greater Glory. It is about the battles for religious freedom in Mexico. Talk about the movie. Promote it. The movie won’t be available unless we support it.
2) Learn about the issues of religious freedom which are being challenged and violated in our country. http://www.catholicvote.org/index.php?/site/eu_roadblock/
The HHS mandate requires all private religious institutions—including colleges, hospitals, charities (all except churches themselves and even then there are exceptions) and private business run by Christians to provide services which are against our beliefs as Catholics--including contraception, sterilization and abortion-inducing drugs. These things are listed in the HHS as “preventative health care” –thus equating pregnancy with disease.
3)Pray for the leaders of our country and for a return to morality.
4) Join the students of Benedictine College who have started a Memorare Army, asking everyone to pray 1000 Memorare prayers before the end of the year. This has become a national campaign. http://www.thegregorian.org/memorare-army
This is the Memorare prayer:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
5) A Christian (non-Catholic) group has been standing with the Catholic Church in the issue of religious freedom. Check out the Focus on the Family report…very good reporting. Watch: http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/05/22/citizenlink-report-religious-freedom-vs-obamacare/
6) Pray to St. Michael during this time.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.